They say its your birthday! The lady KS eddition!


Well it was this girls birthday this week, so what a great time to spotlight one of my favorites. Maybe even flavahs? Yeah she's one of my favorite flavahs. Lets make that a thing. The flavah of the week! YES. Okay, anyway.

Anyway, it was her birthday yesterday and I wanted to take a moment and remind her what an incredible light she is, inside and out <3

Flavah of the week : Lady KS <3

Details
Whats your name? and when was your session?
Katie Sclafani- March 29th, 2016



Getting to know you
How old are you? Where are you living? What do you do for a living?
I am 26, living in Laurel, MD. Right now I work for a music store and gig on the side when I can.




The Beginning

What made you decide to take the leap and have a boudoir session?

I’ve been having a lot of issues with body image and self-esteem. I figured a boudoir session might help me get some of my confidence mojo back. Plus, the photographer is one of my favorite people in the world, so hanging out with her is always a plus ;)



What were some of your fears going in?
I was mostly worried about how the pictures were going to turn out. Do I actually look sexy or do I look completely stupid? Does my body look ok in this outfit?


The session
How was the session different than what you were expecting it to be? What was your favorite part of the experience?
I was surprised by how relaxed I felt. How comfortable I felt in just my bra, underwear, and a sweater. I felt flirty and sexy and just had a blast being the center of attention. I loved that my natural personality came out- I tried to do these “serious and sultry” faces, but I am all smiles and that definitely showed as the day went on.



The emotion
How did you feel when you saw your images for the first time?
I almost cried. It was so amazing to see everything for the first time and going “OH MY GOD, IS THAT WHAT I ACTUALLY LOOK LIKE?!” I was expecting them to look nice, but I was absolutely floored by how the photos came out. It was completely mind-altering in how I see myself




The knowledge
Any advice or words of wisdom to women considering having their own boudoir experience?
Seriously, just do it. If you’re uncomfortable in your own skin like I am, this is a great way to build your confidence. Be nervous, be a little unsure, but take the risk and get in front of that camera because there is nothing better than seeing those pictures for the first time and realizing that you are beautiful inside AND out.



The growth
Did anything change about how you view yourself after your session?
Absolutely! I feel more confident about how I look. Mind you, I still have image issues to work through, but I now understand why people say “You’re gorgeous” or “Damn girl, you’re sexy.” Because I am. I’m absolutely obsessed with my photos and I can’t wait to show them off!





The studio
How did you enjoy working with Mflave Photography? Anything addition to add?
I loved working with Martha. We’ve known each other for a while and even though we have that rapport, she is very professional. When I told her my insecurities, she catered to that because she cares about providing a comfortable environment for her clients. She helped pick out looks that would work for me and even customized my shoot to include my guitar! She made it fun and light hearted and helped me get out of my head so that I didn’t overthink it and could really enjoy the overall experience.




Katie, you're such a shining star. Ever since we met you've had a light about you that was undeniable, and it truly warms the hearts and minds of those around you. You have a smile that can change a persons day for the better and a comforting spirit that eases the mind. I am so proud of you for all the risks you have taken over the years and of all of the dreams you have yet to accomplish (but absolutely will). It was my honor to be able to remind you how wonderful you are inside and out! Its not often that someones soul is as genuine as yours has proven to be!  I hope you had a wonderful birthday. We need a lady date soon <3

Now go forth and be awesome,
yours in flaveness,
xoxo
~mflavah





*Martha is a photographer for Mflave Photography, a  portrait photography studio based out of Maryland, serving PA, MD and VA, dedicated to giving a luxurious and intimate boudoir experience* (and she also photographs the occasional cute kid ;) )


Comments

Popular Posts