"So, won't you be my honeybee? Giving sweet kisses all the time...?


Be mine. Be my Valentine." -- Kina Grannis
Sometimes, you get very lucky and one of your friends asks you to help her surprise her boyfriend with some images for Valentines day!!!

I have yet to release any of these images to social media because I wanted to make sure that we hadn't spoiled the surprise! I'm sure I'll show more of her gorgeous images in a the coming weeks, but I wanted to get her words out into the world about her experience.
Shooting this girl was an honor because we've known each other for most of our lives (jeez, we're getting old!). There's something really special and intimate about being able to work with one of your best friends in this way; she and I have walked through fire together, but to experience something so close and vulnerable... it was empowering, for both of us. We met each other in high school, while attending different schools (thank you high school boyfriends for truly introducing us!!). Our lives have intersected over and over again that it seemed like life was telling us "HEY. THIS ONE IS YOUR PERSON. GO TO HER!". Over the years, she and I have broken down many of each others walls, and drug each other out of the mud on more than one occasion. We've laughed at and with each other and given tough love when needed. Jami and I don't use a lot of flowery words to describe each other, we're very matter of fact. Its something that I cherish, and likely why we identify ourselves as Cristina/Meredith from Greys Anatomy. We have this ability to be non judgmental and supportive in even most of ridiculous situations and we allow each other our successes and support each other both as individuals and as soul sisters. Thats how we operate. We have never once competed (and not once wanted to) for anything. We are complete individuals that somehow managed to find each other and become strong pillars that never once need to hold the weight of the world alone, we're a team. And no matter how far away we live, or how many broken hearts, spirits, phones or cars we have to put back together... we'll always be "our person".

So here it is, My person. <3

How old are you? Where are you living? What do you do for a living?
33, Fort Washington, PA, I'm a healthcare auditor and a technician for marching band and indoor percussion.



What made you decide to take the leap and have a boudoir session?
I wanted to make a nice Valentine's gift for my boyfriend and who better to create it than a dear friend of the last 16 years.
What were some of your fears going in?
I'm not a big fan of my body... was afraid i wasn't going to be very photogenic as a result.

(uhh how could she not think she was so photogenic?!? look at her!! ;) )


How was the session different than what you were expecting it to be? What was your favorite part of the experience?


It was a lot more comfortable - Martha did a great job of finding my comfort zone and expanding from there. My favorite part was being able to try different looks.














How did you feel when you saw your images for the first time?
I enjoyed it - it's amazing what you can do with technology.

(she and I had to do an online reveal of her images, since we were so short on time and live so far from eachother!)















Any advice or words of wisdom to women considering having their own boudoir experience?
Bring clothes that you think make you look good.  The comfort zone begins with your own choices.































Did anything change about how you view yourself after your session?
No - but Martha made my good assets look even better.




So there you have it, my beautiful "my person".
xoxo
~go forth and be awesome,
mflave




*Martha is a photographer for Mflave Photography,  a photography studio based out of Maryland, serving PA, MD and VA, dedicated to giving a luxurious and intimate boudoir experience*

Comments

Popular Posts