"Oh the weather outside is...

... weather..."  (okay those are the lyrics. But it sure is weathering out there, right? its not really raining, or foggy or... anything. It just... is this dreary weather thing and its really strange. So here's a blog post to warm you up! ;) )

Message I received at 10pm on a Thursday from my psuedo sister Jo:

"HEY, Hi. So, I am coming over on Sunday. Okay? And I am bring a model for you!!! And she's a creative too so she's down for some awesome photo's and I saw you still had Sunday open for model calls, so yeah. Lets have a play date! I mean, you two have never met, but it will be awesome. So... yeah! And me and her are going to go shopping too... so Yeah. Thats happening. See you at 1pm on Sunday!!

*two hours later*

I mean, thats cool right? Cuz, we're totally coming over..."


Alright, fiiiiine. I'm paraphrasing. But you get the idea.

This is the kind of relationship that Jo and I have established. And I can only hope that you have someone in your life that is willing to jump into impromptu rendezvous like that with you. The irony is that this, of course, was about 10 minutes after I had posted that I felt that I was booked enough to keep me busy through to the new year. Silly me. Never, ever post that you think you're booked because without a doubt, someone who you love will contact you and make you want to shift your life around ;)

Enter Lady JP.

She walked into my house, which was basically a volcano eruption of in-progress Christmas and two very energetic puppies who are "clearly" starving for attention. *rolls eyes*. And lets just put it out there that i had JUST managed to put pants on, and only had one contact in (watch me be a professional). So before I was even able to get them through the door and ya know... MEET JP like a normal person, I get to see (err, hear) her react to walking into chaos, which is quite telling of a person. And instead of shrieking and running in the other direction (which she couldn't even if she wanted to, she didn't drive hehehe TRAPPED!), she dropped her bags of stuff and fell to her knees and started loving on my pups.

Okay. Yeah. This girl and I are gonna get along JUST fine. The session ran a little longer than I had anticipated, but I suppose thats what happens when you get along so well that you just don't want to stop gabbing and shooting (did I mention she's also in Jo's wedding next year? Yeah. Like I said, instant besties!). Afterwards I asked her to fill out a little questionnaire about her experience with me, and here are the results (along with a few images I'm able to share) from her session.

Name: JP (name shortened to protect the innocent ;) ) 
How old are you and what do you do for a living?
I am 20 years old and am currently a student working towards my BFA with a concentration in graphic design. I also do photography and design freelancing on the side. 


What made you decide to take the leap and do a boudoir session? 
Jo mentioned that she was doing a bridal/boudoir shoot and I didn’t think much of it until she contacted me after and said that I needed to experience it. I figured I wasn’t doing anything that day and I might as well step out of my comfort zone and try something new. I feel the most comfortable being behind the camera/not in the spotlight so this was definitely a different experience that not only taught me a lot but was a lot of fun too! 
What were some of your fears going in? And how was the session different from what you expected it to be?

I was nervous mainly because I was not sure what to expect or what was expected of me. I have never really modeled before – let alone boudoir! – and that made me really nervous. You did an absolutely fabulous job of making me feel comfortable and confident and highlighted me in ways I never really saw myself before, which was just really fun. The more we shot the more comfortable I felt, which was surprising to me because I had never been that comfortable in front of a camera before.  
How did you feel when you saw your images for the first time?
WOW. One of my fears was it being "too sexy" but you were able to capture me as a person and I appreciate that.

Any advice or words of wisdom to other women considering having their own boudoir experience?
DO IT. Its definitely scary at first but worth every minute.

Did anything chance about how you view yourself after the session?
I definitely feel more confident about myself and my body image. I didn’t feel horrible per say about how I looked, but before the session, I would not have considered getting in front of a camera in my underwear. I left the session feeling confident and beautiful, and that is something everyone should experience! 

How did you like working with Martha of Mflave Photography?
It was an awesome experience and I definitely hope to do more with Martha in the future. Martha was herself the whole time, which showed through how she interacts. Her fun and genuine vibe filled the room and made the session memorable. 

"You are amazing and I’m so thankful to have had that experience with you
XOXO" -- JP

Oh lovey, trust me when I tell you that I am the thankful one. <3 <3 And these are just some of the wonderful images that we made together. The rest is on lockdown but I wanted to take a moment and share a little about my time with this girl, and how wonderful it is to have fast friends who are up for adventure. :)

Go forth and me awesome,
~flave

Comments

Popular Posts