Love and marriage, love and marriage

"Love and marriage, love and marriage... Go together like a horse and carriage!" -- Frank Sinatra

I have been crazy busy. I've been booked every weekend between having clients in here and scheduling friend time, and baby showers (see previous post for that ;) ) and last but not least, a bridal shower!

I normally don't photograph events, but when I do its usually for someone that I love, and its usually just for fun. I took this particularly shower as a personal... stepping stone. The last time I shot in this "venue" (The Mckemy Manor), it was an epic fail, that required a LOT of post processing time due to the fact that I really had no idea what I was doing. At all. So this time, when I walked into their home with my fancy new lense and 14 more months of shooting under my belt, I knew I was going to get it right.

But in addition to my personal mission, this bridal shower was for one of my best friends in the world. This girl, has been one of my biggest confidants in my adult life, and her soon to be husband has been a very large part of my life for, oh god... 15 years? I've lived with them both (the original Flave Cave was in the house they were renting), I've fought with them both, I've traveled with them both, I've cooked with them both (true story), I've partied with them both and I have loved them both. And in less than two weeks they will be saying "I forever do" in front of their closest friends and family. <3

I am 100% positive that I will be writing an embarrassingly long and girly blog full of instagram pictures after the day is done and I'm basking in the glow of love (and hangover) but for now, lets just discuss K's bridal shower. :)

It was held at her maid of honors house in the woods, the sandwiches were delicious, the cake was awesome, her present MOUNTAIN was full of so many things on her wishlist, the games were tailored and perfect and the weather was gorgeous; but the thing that was really inspiring were the people!! Relatives and friends from all walks of life and corners of her world came to wish her well and give hugs and celebrate. It was a casual affair, and a perfect event for our dear friend getting ready to take the next steps as a Jennings. :)


Here are a few of my favorites from the day!





Skully the guard dog, KK's present mountain, and doggy smooches!

Just a man and his dog.

  This little girl is going to be one, soon!!! 













 This moment right here, is one of my favorite moments. This is her soon to be mother in law. <3
Kristina loves her new hat... ;)

 I love you so much, K. I can't wait to get this life long Jennings party started! :)


Here's the link to the full album: Kristinas Bridal Shower, there are ton more pictures here. They are all, low res files (much like the ones posted above), but if you go check them out (and you should!!) and if you want the much better copies, please let me know! I'd be happy to pass on the better versions to those who might want them. <3

Go forth and be awesome,
light and love,
~mflave



*Martha is a photographer for Mflave Photography, a photography studio based out of Maryland, serving PA, MD and VA, dedicated to giving a luxurious and intimate boudoir experience* (and the occasional bridal shower ;) )

Comments

Popular Posts