"Lit a fire under my...

assets"

Blogspot updated with all kind of crazy nonsense, and I haven't gotten used to it yet because I fear change. And its slowing my ancient machine down like WHAT. Much like facebook, because it put a facebook in my facebook. The blonde within me is going ADDcrazy right now. Yes, thats the technical term for it.

So this week, has been interesting in that is hasn't made me want to light as many things on fire as usual. Not sure why. Justin and Kelly's wedding was amazing, and Dennis and I hung around until last call. I had a little mental breakdown in my car on the ride home, but it had been a while since I had let it out, so... after sleeping, I felt much better. Sunday, of course was FOOTBALL. We didn't have as many people over as last week, but it was still a good crowd. I enjoy my Sundays with my football crew immensely. I didn't get to have that last year (as much).

Monday, I was bed ridden. Not because I was sick, but because I'm pretty sure I get the worst cramps in the history of the planet. Actually, as it was explained to me, I get cysts. This was the first month in many that I've hurt this bad, so it was quite unexpected. I know it sounds really girl and pathetic to complain about it, but I've been hospitalized for the pain before... so shut your god damn pie hole.So I spent all day in bed near tears, hoping the good drugs would kick in eventually. They didn't. At around 7 I came out of the room, and decided to try and be social for MNF. But since Rich left early, and Christian and I didn't give two shits about this particular game, we opted to just play madden instead.

Later that night I had an opportunity to discuss some things that have been weighing heavily on me. Clearing the air is... well its like finally take a breath of fresh air. I guess thats why the say it like that. I won't go into much detail about it here because for most of you, its stupid and ridiculous and old news and quite frankly, none of your beeswax. I only mention it here because it meant the world to me, and its opening up some things for me that I hadn't quite expected, giving me back some of my swagger. I absolutely adore the people in my life. Not only did it relieve some pressure off my shoulders, but it gave me some perspective AND, to be honest... a little curiosity. Thats a terrible way to explain it, but thats all I got right now. At any rate, we'll see what happens next, I suppose.

Moving on, I've been feeling a lot more positive about things, except... while I am not broke, I'm beginning to tighten my financial belt a little. I've been sort of living the good life lately with the amount of savings I've had, but, its almost the end of the year (in terms of rent...) and I don't want to be looking through couch cushions  maintain a semblance of a social life, especially since I just got it back. I gotta keep being a rockstar, ya know. ;)

So the REAL job search starts. I've been sort of bullshitting around with, making excuses about it, but I think I'm sort of ready to start having a normal schedule again, I am going to be sending applications into a few childcare places around here today/tonight (little peoples place, the young school, probably Celebree too since I used to work there, and the YMCA too). I'm also going to send a letter to a couple of the Baltimore event planning firms in the area to see if they're hiring, what I'd need to do, what the hours look like etc. Because, aside from knowing what event planning is, I'm not sure what its like to work for a place like that.

I feel like I'm at a place right now where I'm not really afraid to take some risks if it means I'm going to start moving forward, in whatever aspect of my life. But at the same time, I have to feel good about it. No more of this "loosing myself" thing because I hope it will pan out. I do that a lot.

The remainder of this week will involve me finishing some of the home improvement projects I started a few weeks ago, cleaning and laundry, MD Oktoberfest, BYE football, ordering my bed (at long last).

I am very much looking forward to some big changes in my life. Ones that I make happen, none of this "victim of my environment" crap. Nah, son... that ain't me. I gotta get back to kickin ass and taking names... namean?

Okay this post is not insightful or exciting. I just wanted to let everyone know that I am on the move again. Finally. Raise a glass to kickin some ass... and the past can kiss my glass!

cheers,
~flave


Comments

Popular Posts