I don't wanna loose you now!

Hello errybody!

So, I... much like many people of my generation who blog... blog a LOT for a short period of time, and then we... stop. Kind of like men and sex... ya know... going really hard for a little bit then being done?

get it?

yeah, sex jokes. In the first paragraph. Win.

Anyway, I have a bit of remorse for not posting more because, well... I really wanted people to hear my story with the DUI and learn from my mistakes and such. And I really wanted to show people how I was handling some heart break, and juggling that in addition to corps, and job searching and maintaining a social life and all that... but instead  I sort of just wallowed for a little bit and then... well... ALL OF THE THINGS HAPPENED. But before I get to that, Here are the half finished blog topics I didn't post about; ya know, just so you know what has been on my mind.

The legal system and how much it sucks sometimes.
Depression: what it is and what it isn't
When is love just and ONLY respect
People are mean and dumb
I love beer.

So whats been going on with me? Well... I have made quite a few decisions in my time away from this thing, and quite a few events have taken place. I am going to list them off, in order, as best I can... here.

Became broke, Moved to Mike and Helenes, started my new job as a full time nanny, had Home show, got into a major car accident, totaling my car, reconciled with an old flame, got into an epic battle of "who cares less" with my parents, had DCA finals (epic, btw... you're welcome DCA teehee), got into a fight of "who can hold out the longest" with some friends, had court, watched some epic football, had some awesome parties, hung out with Stacey, Helene found out she was pregnant again (jeez mike!), met Wilson and Acquino, went to the Halloween Party, Rich and Mary got engaged, had my 29th bday, went to banquet and membership day, enjoyed thanksgiving, watched more epic football, went to a Bucs camp, got into an argument with the admin, went to and end of the world party, made out with questionable people, hosted NYE, had an unexpected yet incredibly fun visit from a cute boy, watched more football, Dennis broke his foot, Christian got orders to deploy, Kristina asked for help with her business, attended a Winter Luau, Superbowl CHAMPIONS, movie marathons, Helene was put on "bed rest", a few fun dates, and as of yesterday Christian has deployed.

So thats a good recap of what has happened to me since July on a very broad scale. Now how do I feel about all of that? I feel all of the feels. Its been very up and down, but generally speaking, its been positive. At least, things have been moving in a more positive direction. 2012 wasn't exactly the bestest year for The Flave, so I'm thankful that any of the current chaos going on with me, is chaos I've created or chaos that I invited. It makes it much easier to handle when you feel more in control.

I've been incredibly fortunate to have stumbled on the group of friends that I have. They are so unwavering supportive that I wonder how and why they put up with my nonsense sometimes. But I think maybe its best not to remind them that I'm crazygonuts, and just appreciate them for their kindness and patience... ;)

So whats next, you ask?
Well, dear loyal people of the Internet, I have no idea. On a small scale, I suppose this weekend is pretty up for grabs in terms of plans... so if you've got some ideas, I'm in. On a grand scale, I have some things I'm looking forward to...
1) In a few short months I'll be moving down into the basement. And since I've now seen all of the awesome crap that Marshall's has to offer... I just wanna go and decorate. I haven't decided on a color scheme yet. But after playing around today, I might just repaint everything white, and make the colors be the furniture and pillows and stuffs. that way I can swap it out whenever. I really want a black couch... :)

2) and the reason while I'll be moving down there is because new baby groves will be here!

3) I've been playing around with the idea of photography, I have been for a while now... but some scenarios have opened up for me... and I need an outlet. So I bought a camera, and am gonna totally play around for a while and see. I'm not saying I'm starting a business or that I'm even going to be good... but who couldn't use more pictures of Amelia and Ella in their lives? I mean... really...

4) 3 of my friends got engaged in the last 4 months. And I am SUPER excited about helping KK with anything she needs/wants wedding related while Christian is over in the sandbox/icy tundra that is Afghanistan.

5) speaking of stoopid deployments, I'm excited about sending ridiculous care packages to Christian and Rob and Tyler. I plan on sending them all kinds of nonsense that they DON'T need. Its going to be epic. <3

6) I am considering getting a part time gig for a few months. Since Helene is home (which is wonderful btw), it frees me up a little bit to make some extra cash. I wouldn't want to be gone ALLLL the time, because I want to be here for her and the babygirl... but Little Peoples Place is literally across the street.

7) finishing up my community service. Because EFF YOU, PA. I just wanna be done with all of this.

8) The beach. I wanna go to the beach. Like. now.

9) Sam Adams Summer Ale. I want that, in and around my mouth. Yeah, I said it.

Okay, so this post isn't as insightful or as humorous or as well edited as many of my previous posts. But this is mostly because as the tag line says: "I don't wanna lose you now, I'm lookin' right at the other half of me"  (thank you Justin Timberlake. I can haz u? forevar?). I just wanted to write a little sumpin sumpin here, as a reminder to you and to myself that this thing still exists, and perhaps it will wake up my internal writer and I can tailor this a little more to whatever it is I end up doing from here on out. Whatever that may be. In truth, as happy as I have been to not have my head SCREAMING at me all the time, I think I might be ready for my next adventure...

hey Gandalf... where you at? (if you don't get this reference... i just... well, I am not gonna DO anything, just grumble under my breath a little, and glare at you...)

You're all rockstars, thanks for not giving up on me and reading what its like to be in my brainspace (and now a drum corps reference. awesome. yeah, definitely time to end this blog... yeesh).

nothin but love for ya,
flave

Comments

Popular Posts